Three years on from the technicolour riot that was Split Lips and Cocktails, and hot on the heels of 2008's self-released, eponymous album, EvenFlowersKill are back with a darker, more technical sound - driven by Helen's precise but organic rhythms, Andy's intense, shifting riffs and complex rhythms, and topped with Marks' powerful voice. At once delicate and crushing, melodic and brutally atonal, and a whole bunch of other contradictions, EFK move between intense hardcore beatdowns to decadent nu-jazz motions with ease, arriving at a sound which is one part Norma Jean, one part Poison the Well, one part EveryTimeIDie, and a beautiful mess of Roni Size, Miles Davis and pop culture revolution. This stylistic fusion is emphasised by incendiary live shows where audience interaction and confrontation is key.
1) Ruth has information that will destroy you
2) I love you Kerry McKenna, please come home (and bring the kids)
3) Dick Wang is a dirty stinking liar (What Octopus?!)
4) Machiavelli vs. The Little Prince
5) I am Jack's smirking revenge
6) Lynne, the sex people, and Alan