Music will always be inspired by the environment in which it is created.
With its incredible array of highly diverse landscapes ranging from white glaciers via volcanic bizarreness, moss-green bubble-fields, deep fjords, and frost-cracked mountains to black beaches, Iceland has shaped a host of astonishingly original in SÓLSTAFIR.
More than ever, SÓLSTAFIR’s new opus ‘Endless Twilight of Codependent Love’ highlights the contrasting influences that have inspired the band over the years. Whether you’re listening to the black metal infused “Dionysus”, “Her Fall From Grace”, the gracious song “Til Modar” or a straightforward SÓLSTAFIR masterpiece “Akkeri”, the Icelanders have mastered all these elements and blended it seamlessly into one record.
Cover artwork by Johann Baptist Zwecker (The Lady of the Mountain, 1864).
Deluxe wooden box with special lid showing the album cover on fake leather with gold frame and turquoise velvet containing :
- "Endless Twilight of Codependent Love" on blue in crystal clear 12” double vinyl with gold splatters (33 rpm) in sturdy printed inner sleeves in deluxe triple gatefold with 24-page insert & poster.
- Black 10" vinyl containing bonus tracks 'Hrollkalda Þoka Einmanaleikans' and 'Hann fór Sjálfur', cut at 45RPM for optimum fidelity (cover artwork by Simran Gleason.)
- 925 silver pendant of the SOLSTAFIR snowflake made in cooperation with Stig Nielsen of Viking Kristall (retail value 80,00€).
- Sword-like letter opener.
- 200-page notebook with fake-leather cover.
All items are exclusive to this box.
The box and its content are European made.
Limited to 500 copies worldwide.