Mild In the Streets is a collection of songs from Fat Wreck Chords artists who trade in their blaring amps and distortion pedals for acoustic guitars and orchestral arrangements.
You see, it’s not always about smashing the state. Sometimes the state needs to be gently dismantled.
Mild In the Streets does just that with an all-star collection of punkers (Against Me!, Alkaline Trio, Lagwagon, and more) swapping out their aggressive sound for a more subdued tone.
Made up of reimagined versions of popular punk classics as well as tracks originally written in the acoustic vein, Mild In the Streets boasts 17 soulful songs including 5 previously unreleased ones.
It all culminates in an impressive rendition of the 18 minute NOFX epic "The Decline" performed by a full orchestra.
This comp is just what the doctor ordered for Fat fans to get in touch with their mild side.
1. Under the Garden – Tony Sly (No Use for a Name)
2. Fruitless Fortunes – Swingin’ Utters
3. Everything Is Beautiful – Stacey Dee (Bad Cop/Bad Cop)
4. Heroinsomnia – Sam Sadowski (Closet Fiends)
5. Care of Me – Morning Glory
6. Guts ‘n’ Teeth – Old Man Markley
7. 1 Trillion Dollars - Anti-Flag
8. State Is Burning – Yotam Ben Horin (Useless ID)
9. Continental – Matt Skiba (Alkaline Trio)
10. Musee Mecanique – Karina Denike (Dance Hall Crashers)
11. This One’s for Johnny – Get Dead
12. We’re Not in Love Anymore – Joey Cape (Lagwagon)
13. Hurtlin’ – American Steel
14. Joy – Against Me!
15. Seven Hours – Russ Rankin (Good Riddance)
16. Xanadu – Uke Hunt (Spike Slawson of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes)
17. NOFX’s The Decline (A Punk Rock Symphony) – Baz and His Orchestra*
*Exclusive to the CD & Digital Version