A posthumous collaboration between the late Phil Western (DOWNLOAD, BEEHATCH), Jesse Creed (THE PASSENGER) and Mark Spybey (DOWNLOAD, DEAD VOICES ON AIR, REFORMED FACTION, BEEHATCH). Both Phil and Jesse shared a love for vintage analogue synthesizers such as the VCS3, and the music for "W ands" was largely created using this equipment. In the spirit of how it was created, Spybey added improvised passages using his collection of homemade and ethnic instruments and then edited the pieces.
Phil would often talk about being 'taken away' by music. Both Jesse and Mark have laboured to do this through their own music too, not as a means of escape but to transcend. This music strives to explore the desire to go beyond the ordinary everyday experience and to reach a place where the egos and the individual contributions of the players are largely inconsequential. A place where time doesn't really matter. A place of healing and invention.
An album of expansive drones and analogue electronics, which will undoubtedly appeal to fans of Coil, Nurse With Wound, Zoviet France.
1. Ace Of Wands (A Sign Of A New Beginning)
2. Two Of Wands (New Partnerships And Relationships)
3. Three Of Wands (Freedom, Adventure And Travel)
4. Four Of Wands (A Cause For Celebration)
5. Five Of Wands (Time To End The Discord And Clear The Air)
6. Six Of Wands (Others Will Recognise Your Achievements)